As soon as you decide to move, you can start working on a checklist of all the things you need to get done before moving day arrives. The more you can accomplish in advance, the less stress you’ll have as time goes on. Approximately two months before you move, you should:
- Contact moving companies to get estimates
- Get an estimate of how many packing supplies you need
- Think about how you’ll get your vehicles to your new home
- Get appraisals if you need to insure expensive items for the move
- Start going through clothes and items you can donate or sell
You can think about having a garage sale to sell any items that you either don’t want to move or won’t have space for. You should also take time to figure out the transportation of and care for any pets. Contact Linda Palmer Realty for more advice about moving to the Bluffton and Hilton Head, SC area.